Navigation View (Bookmark Pane not opening)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sabio5
User

Navigation View (Bookmark Pane not opening)

Post by sabio5 »

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between the General.PageMode settings (in the Driver API) and their effect on the initial view within the PDF-XChange Editor (or any PDF viewer).

Basically, I can set the PageMode (choosing from Default, ShowNone, Bookmarks, and Optional Content in the API), aka Navigation View (from Default, Page Only, Bookmarks Pane and Page, etc. in the Document Properties > Initial View > Navigation View) but I see no change in the view. That is, the bookmark or thumbnail pane does not automatically appear when I open the document.

(My goal is to create PDF documents that reliably open with or without the bookmarks or thumbnail pane of whatever viewer the user happens to have.)

Thanks,
Jack
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Navigation View (Bookmark Pane not opening)

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jack,

thanks for the post. It may be that the document is fine and the "Inintial View" properties are being overridden.

Do you have "Respect document's settings" enabled in the Editor preferences? If not the document settings will be ignored.
image.png
If that is on and the document still does not respect the "Initial View" and the properties look right in the document (I didn't set any, this is just showing you where they should appear):
image1.png
then please send us the PDF in question.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
sabio5
User

Post by sabio5 »

Aha! Dumb mistake on my part. I had that option set, but overlooked the option to restore the last used view of the document.

Many thanks and sorry for the bother!
Jack
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Aha!

I should have thought of that one too!

Good catch Jack.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com