Comment List View - Comment List Naming

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KReiser1966
User

Comment List View - Comment List Naming

Post by KReiser1966 »

Greetings,
I have been searching for this answer for quite some time but have been unable to find it. When I a,m putting comments on my documents I am easily able to group comment types by using colors but the title of the comments in the list view seems to be assigned as the Hex color code.

Is there a way to change that from the color code to a different name? (The code circled in red on attached)

I am using PDF-Exchange pro to complete take off's on construction drawings and being able to assign a name would be sooooooooo much easier!
image.png
PDF XChange Comment List View.png
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Comment List View - Comment List Naming

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI KReiser1966,

thanks for the post and excellent question.

You cannot change the text of the colour I am afraid, so why not use one of the other properties to group them? Subject seems a good candidate to me. You can change the subject of all your selected annotations at once, so you can select all of a specific colour, and give them all a suitable common subject then group by subject:
image.png
Note that we will in a future build offer an option to word wrap that subject in the comments pane, right now it just gets truncated.

Does that help?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com