Disable: Fill Background, when Accessibility override enabled?!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HASDAL
User

Disable: Fill Background, when Accessibility override enabled?!

Post by HASDAL »

Hey,
I am not a heavy user with PDF-XChange but I think with some kind of update something changed with the Accessibility Feature and handling transparency (for Printing).

I have set up accessibility Page Background darker and if I add a stamp/signature it seems transparent (as it should) but if I want to print something the accessibility page background is added to the signature and also images (which are transparent). I did not find any option to just show the accessibility background color and ignore anything else for printing.

In short: Viewing is ok, for printing with enabled accessibility override: page background color gets added to the pictures (with transparency)
Last edited by HASDAL on Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Disable: Fill Background, when Accessibility override enabled?!

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello HASDAL,

Welcome to our Forum.

Could you please send us one of the files you have this issue with?

Also, please show us what the printed copy of that same file looks like.

Regards.
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Hey I made some screenshots.

I set it to orange for a good contrast // Settings1
01.png
Adding Stamp (source: https://fontmeme.com/temporary/797feb4debd8a7fa1f47e8ca03a05316.png)
02.png
It will get printed like this. The orange background should not be printed! <-- The Issue
03.png
I would expect this: // I guess this is because the printer does not support color.
04.png
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello HASDAL,

I think this is used only for viewing purposes.

Please try this option:

image.png

Regards.
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Nope. I attached the resulted print.
result.pdf
(28.38 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
05.png
06.png
If you would print it as image, the whole page gets colored (as expected, i guess)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HASDAL,

As Dimitar said above - the accessibility colour override is there for viewing only. It does not modify the actual page(s) of your file, and as such you can expect that it will not print unless you force it via the "print as images".

Kind regards,
Stefan
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

I gave you the PDF example. It is printed with the checkbox OFF.
if it would be ON --> The hole page would be orange.

Am I missing something? or is there some missunderstanding? Please verify. It seems that it is a Bug.

In other words. I cant use accessability background color, sign (like with stamp) and print it as pdf without turning off the background color. Thats my hole point.
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:10 pm Hello HASDAL,

As Dimitar said above - the accessibility colour override is there for viewing only. It does not modify the actual page(s) of your file, and as such you can expect that it will not print unless you force it via the "print as images".

Kind regards,
Stefan
It's not about printing unmodified PDF. It is about modifying the PDF (signing) and printing.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi HASDAL,

my apologies, I am not understanding what you need here either I am afraid, I do apologize if I am being obtuse.

The document you uploaded has an image in it. The image is of text that says "some signature" and has the orange background. Because the orange background to this image is not part of the accessibility override, but is part of the image, I do not understand what the issue at hand is that you want us to address.
SomeSignature.png
Is the issue that the orange somehow was added to your image and you do not know how?

The accessibility options should not have any impact on the content or your image. I must be missing some key piece to the puzzle because what I am seeing is what I would expect to see. What am I missing?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm The document you uploaded has an image in it. The image is of text that says "some signature" and has the orange background.
The Background is attached by: accessibility override - as you can see.. If i switch the background the TRANSPARENT Signature gets filled with the accessibility overrride background color (in print / save).
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm Because the orange background to this image is not part of the accessibility override, but is part of the image, I do not understand what the issue at hand is that you want us to address.
That is the point. It gets added where it not should be added. There are some quirks especially with Opacity. See screenshots below (print preview the big red square gets created by just adding the same signature twice at different positions. I am NOT filling anything)
B1.png
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm Is the issue that the orange somehow was added to your image and you do not know how?
Exactly. By PDF-X-Change. The signature is transparent. I also linked the original picture of the signature png. It gets added by accessibility override
Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 pm The accessibility options should not have any impact on the content or your image.
Exactly. SHOULD NOT but does since some kind of update.

The quirks with 2 signatures added with Opacity 100% // Big red square [red is obviosly the chosen accessibility override -packground color - just for this example]
B1.png
Only change between the screenshots: Opacity 99% at the bottom signature. Big square is gone. -- This all just should underline that there is more to the story than just adding color to transparent pictures.
B2.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HASDAL,

As stated above - the colour overrides that the accessibility feature adds are visual cues only while you are working with the file on your machine.
That same file on another machine will not look the same.
E.g. - your sample attached a few posts above does contain the signature with the orange background - and it is exactly that - an image:
image.png
As you can see on the above - on my machine where I do not have accessibility turned on - the background is the default white colour.

Kind regards,
Stefan
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

I don't understand how the issue cant be crystal clear by now and my extended explainations...
This is my last attempt. If you don't get it than it is what it is. I am not willing to spent more time into bug reporting.
Animated gif:
damnit.gif
This is on clean virgin vm with absolutely no config to the application, as it is fresh installed.
And to be clear again: The pirint preview will be the result for printed stuff.

The attached PDF in the first posts is just an example.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi HASDAL,

thank you for the animation, with this I understood what to do to reproduce the issue. I think the issue was that it wasn't happening with my stamps. I found one that does this and will bring it to the development team.
image.png
To add further to the challenge, this seems to be printer dependent!
AccessibilityColourInPrint.gif
Do you find the same, that some printers do this differently?

Thank you for sticking with us, sorry for the frustration. I'll let you know what the devs find.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

:D Finally

I mentioning in https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=162214#p162214 that it can behave different on different printers.

As seen it is just a Problem with own Stamps (used for signatures) or general transparent pictures. Look for a document with transparent pictures and enable the acc. override. These pictures also get filled. I guess it has something to do with PNG / alphachannel and some bug in the handling.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

I think you are on the right path with this:
I guess it has something to do with PNG / alphachannel and some bug in the handling.
The stamp I saw the behavior with was a .png with transparency. The devs will I'm sure be able to give a more definitive answer after they investigate.

I'll keep you posted.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Any Update?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

HI Hasdal,

it looks like they fixed this to me. Using the same stamp it now looks right regardless of the printer selected.
stampBackground.gif
This is the very same stamp that was failing before. What does the current build, 9.4.363.0 look like for you?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Disagree. Not fixed with 363.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

You are still getting that in 9.4.363.0? :(

Can I have another sample please? Is it still with specific stamps or any stamp for you?

This has been quite a strange journey in so far as being able to reproduce this. A PDF and if possible an export of the stamp also so that I may test here with both.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

You are still getting that in 9.4.363.0? :(
- Yes.

Remember. It only appears if the Accesability Feature and Background Page Color is enabled. I made it extrem with the orange. In your gif there seems to be that no Background Color was enabled. And of course I don't use orange. I use a slight grey.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Remember. It only appears if the Accessibility Feature and Background Page Color is enabled.
Busted. Guilty as charged. :-(

I'll reach out to the team again and see where things are at. Sorry about that.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
HASDAL
User

Post by HASDAL »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:30 pm Busted. Guilty as charged. :-(
8) np.

And also remember. It does not depend on stamp (but easiest to track). It also applies to every picture in a PDF that is transparent (guessing the transparent image is png, maybe other formats may not effected, webp?, svg but I did no further investigation on this.)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

It seems this item keeps being overlooked so I have raised a ticket for it so that progress can be tracked. I'm sure you know the drill by now, the ticket is for internal use only however referencing RT#6231: Disable: Fill Background, when Accessibility override enabled?! will mean any support staff member should be able to check on the status.

I hope that helps.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Hasdal,

just a heads up that the ticket RT#6231: Disable: Fill Background, when Accessibility override enabled has been set to status "Resolved". The fix is in the current build. Please test and confirm on your side that it works for you.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke