Why is Customise Toolbars, Commands, Commands (sic) not showing my assigned key?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chrisjj
User

Why is Customise Toolbars, Commands, Commands (sic) not showing my assigned key?

Post by chrisjj »

E.g. I've assigned this:
image.png
but it fails to show here:
image(1).png
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: Why is Customise Toolbars, Commands, Commands (sic) not showing my assigned key?

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Chris,

I have tested this on my machine and it works fine here:

image.png

You may want to try assigning the shortcut again and ensuring that you have clicked the green tick mark in the Command Properties dialog box in order to ensure that you have confirmed the specification of the keyboard shortcut.

Another possibility is that you are not using the current version of the software - if that's the case then please update to the current version and try again.

Best regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623
chrisjj
User

Re: Why is Customise Toolbars, Commands, Commands (sic) not showing my assigned key?

Post by chrisjj »

> You may want to try assigning the shortcut again and ensuring that you have clicked the green tick mark in the Command Properties dialog box

Eh, why? The screenshot shows the assignment is present.

> Another possibility is that you are not using the current version of the software

No fix seen in changelog.

> - if that's the case then please update to the current version and try again.

Given the damage done by the last update here, I'll pass. Thanks anyway for the thought.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Chris,

Can you please clarify which version of the software you are using that is showing this issue?

Best regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
chrisjj
User

Post by chrisjj »

Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Chris,

Okay thanks. I can confirm that everything appears fine on my machine, and I am using the current version of PDF-XChange Editor and default Windows settings. If you are not prepared to update to the current version of PDF-XChange Editor, then I'm afraid we can't rule out the fact that you are using 359 as being the cause of the issue (although no other users have reported this problem). Alternatively, if you have changed your Windows settings from their defaults, then it is possible that that is the cause of the issue. If you are happy to experiment with changing those then it may resolve the problem.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Chris,

I was playing with this and reproduced what you showed. The devs are going to look into it. The behaviour was intermittent for me, the guys will look into it.

Thanks for sticking with us on this.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
chrisjj
User

Post by chrisjj »

Sean - Tracker wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 pm Okay thanks. I can confirm that everything appears fine on my machine, and I am using the current version of PDF-XChange Editor and default Windows settings.
Default Windows settings makes your test unrepresentative of the vast majority of users, I suggest.
Sean - Tracker wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 pmAlternatively, if you have changed your Windows settings from their defaults, then it is possible that that is the cause of the issue.
If you're saying your product is not supposed to work properly with non-default Windows settings, please be clear, since that will save a lot of mine and your time starting right now.
Sean - Tracker wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 pm If you are happy to experiment with changing those then it may resolve the problem.
No I'm not happy to change my settings to "resolve" (workaround) a problem caused by your program's failure to accommodate valid Windows settings.
Sean - Tracker
Site Admin

Post by Sean - Tracker »

Hi Chris,

It's necessary for me to test user issues with default Windows settings in order to ensure that adjusted Windows settings are not the cause of the issue that the user is reporting. It is unlikely for this to be the case the vast majority of the time, but still important to use default settings to be sure.

I am not saying that our products are not supposed to work properly with non-default Windows settings. You mentioned in a separate forum post that you have changed the Windows display settings to 125% - if you have changed other, similar Windows settings then it may have an effect on the text is displayed in the dialog boxes in PDF-XChange Editor. Again - this is unlikely to be the cause of the issue, but cannot be completely ruled out.

My colleague Paul O'Rorke has reproduced your issue, as indicated above, and will be back to you with further information in due course.

Kind regards,
Sean Godley
Technical Writer
chrisjj
User

Post by chrisjj »

> I am not saying that our products are not supposed to work properly with non-default Windows settings.

Thanks for the clarification.

> You mentioned in a separate forum post that you have changed the Windows display settings to 125% - if you have changed other, similar Windows settings then it may have an effect on the text is displayed in the dialog boxes in PDF-XChange Editor.

I'm sure it should.

> My colleague Paul O'Rorke has reproduced your issue, as indicated above, and will be back to you with further information in due course.

Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Yes, it wasn't happening for me until I reset my settings to defaults. It also was not persistent, sometimes the shortcut appearing other times not. The development team leader has seen this and it thinking on what to do about it. We will fix it I am sure, I just can't tell you if it will be in Monday's release, probably not to be frank about it.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com