How to make "Properties" tweaks permanent?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BywaterNYC
User

Post by BywaterNYC »

Hi, there. I'm trying to change the Properties for a Comment Tool so that the Properties for that object (in this case, a red arrow) become the new, permanent default.

The screenshot below shows the best solution I've come up with, although I think I must be missing something. The new Properties do stick as long as I don't close PDF-XChange Editor or start work on a new document.

If I try to apply those same tweaked Properties to a new document—or shut and reopen the software—my tweaks are lost. The Properties revert to their previous default.

So that's my question! How to tweak Properties so that the tweaks become permanent?

Kind thanks for your help.

Brooks
PDF-XChange Editor 9.3 (Build 361.0)

Last edited by BywaterNYC on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro x64
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to make "Properties" tweaks permanent?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BywaterNYC,

Do you have both read and write permissions to your Windows Registry?
As those 'defaults' are stored to the registry - usually when you close the Editor.
So please try to do this default setting up when you have only one instance of the Editor open, apply the changes, then close the Editor and see if your changes now stick as desired?

Kind regards,
Stefan
BywaterNYC
User

Re: How to make "Properties" tweaks permanent?

Post by BywaterNYC »

Appreciate your help, Stefan.

I've decided to put this on the back burner. Today, I made a stab at tweaking my registry's read and write permissions and (despite having made a complete registry backup before plunging in) managed to screw things up for hours. Won't bore you with details.

The good news is, my computer is back up and running, so....all's well that ends well. :D

No more questions for now. If and when I decide to pursue this "read/write permissions" thing, I'll either get on the horn with Dell, or find a repair service in NYC that can lend a hand.

Again, thanks for jumping in. Be well!
Last edited by BywaterNYC on Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro x64
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com