Offset a whole page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DWC121
User

Offset a whole page

Post by DWC121 »

I'm trying to offset a few whole page within a 70 page document. Most pages are 8-1/2" x 11. A few pages are 9"x11". I'm trying to line up the left edge of ALL the pages. I looked at "Documents > More for Pages > Resize Pages", but it didn't do what I thought it would do. It shifted the contents on the page rather than shift the page.

The 70 pages are from bmp files.

Is it possible to shift selected pages left (or right) or to shift all the pages in a document so the left or right edges are lined up with each other?

I have attached a pdf showing 3 pages. The second pdf page should be shifted to the right by 1/4". I have also attached a jpg showing the 3 pages with the left edges lined up with each other.

Thanks - David
V 9.3, build 391.0
Shift Pg2.pdf
(994.72 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Lined up.jpg
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Offset a whole page

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, DWC121

It is not possible to change the page display alignment, all pages will be centered, with the widest page sticking out on both sides, like you see in the Editor now:
image.png
The best way to accomplish what you wish to see here would be to make all pages the same size, using the "resize pages" command. Simply ensure that you choose the same paper size as the largest page you have, and then set the options to be 0 inches from the left side of the page, and DISABLE page scaling at the bottom of the dialog.
image1.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
DWC121
User

Re: Offset a whole page

Post by DWC121 »

Thanks - I was afraid it would be impossible to change the page alignment. I probably will not make all the pages the same size (9"x11"). Some people may want to print the document, minus the 9"x11" pages, as 8-1/2"x11" without too much fuss. - David
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Offset a whole page

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com