Edit Content Selection Across Pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

joshhuggins
User

Edit Content Selection Across Pages

Post by joshhuggins »

Is there a way to use the Edit Content tool and select an area across all of the pages to select all content that would land within that selection for editing?

What I am trying to do is I have a document that has my personal information stamped on every page of the document and I would like to remove it so I can send a copies of pages that I have to reference for work without my personal info on it. The info is at the very bottom of the 8.5x11 pages & is the only info at that location so I am not concerned about selecting other info. Just really don't want to have to do every page individually as there are thousands of pages to do. Thanks for any suggestions! :D
Thanks!
Josh Huggins
lev
User

Re: Edit Content Selection Across Pages

Post by lev »

There are a couple of options not involving editing content:
  • Crop pages and Remove content outside of the crop box area
  • Redact the are by pacing a redaction rectangle, duplicating it to all pages and applying it
There may be a way to remove it by editing the content: look in the Content pane to see if the info is saved as an XForm. If it is and it is the only XForm in the document you can click on Options and select all XForms.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Edit Content Selection Across Pages

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

Lev is correct here, there is no way to select and copy content across all pages while intentionally leaving out an area.

My suggestion would also be the redaction trick that Lev mentioned, Place the redaction box in the desired location on the first page, and then right click and then use the "selection > duplicate" tool to copy it to all other pages in the document. Finally, apply the redaction, and that content will have been removed.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com