[ Compare Documents ] NOT really Compare PDFs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zhugecaomao
User

Post by zhugecaomao »

I am so glad to see the new function [ Compare Documents ] add into XChange Editor, before I have to use other software to compare PDFs.

But after I use [ Compare Documents ] for few times, I found that this function is not reliable, some PDFs have obvious changes, but it shows Total Changes 0....

I have attached two sample PDFs, thanks
Original.pdf
(185.96 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Edited.pdf
(185.27 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [ Compare Documents ] NOT really Compare PDFs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zhugecaomao,

The comparison tool is still in it's infancy and it is indeed only comparing some elements of PDF files in the current version of the Editor.
We are working on improving this with many more features in future builds of our products.

Kind regards,
Stefan
zhugecaomao
User

Post by zhugecaomao »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:18 pm Hello zhugecaomao,

The comparison tool is still in it's infancy and it is indeed only comparing some elements of PDF files in the current version of the Editor.
We are working on improving this with many more features in future builds of our products.

Kind regards,
Stefan
thanks for your information Stefan! Looking forward to use completed [Compare Documents] soon.

Maybe it is necessary to remind XChange Editor user to take note on this, sometimes can cause negative consequence if we relay on the comparsion result.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello zhugecaomao,

Thanks for your feedback! I will pass it along to our devs!
And just to confirm - I've also asked them to take a look at your samples from the first post, so that we can make sure we will find and show such differences in the future!

p.s. I got a confirmation that for the moment we are only comparing base content text. Not paths (as your objects), nor images, nor annotations, but work is progressing on those types of content as well!

Kind regards,
Stefan
zhugecaomao
User

Post by zhugecaomao »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:40 pm Hello zhugecaomao,

Thanks for your feedback! I will pass it along to our devs!
And just to confirm - I've also asked them to take a look at your samples from the first post, so that we can make sure we will find and show such differences in the future!

p.s. I got a confirmation that for the moment we are only comparing base content text. Not paths (as your objects), nor images, nor annotations, but work is progressing on those types of content as well!

Kind regards,
Stefan
hi Stefan, thanks for your reply
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)