Deployment of the Enhanced OCR additional languages

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

willyg
User

Deployment of the Enhanced OCR additional languages

Post by willyg »

Hello.

Currently we are deploying PDF-XChange Editor via standard GPO software installation method (MSI with MST) and very happy about it.
If we'll upgrade to a Plus license, how can we deploy additional Enhanced OCR languages, as it seems there aren't any in the default MSI installer?

Thank you.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Deployment of the Enhanced OCR additional languages

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI Willy,

thanks for the post.

The only difference between the Editor and Editor plus from this perspective is the license. Replace Editor license with an Editor Plus license and it should unlock the plus features already deployed. Assuming it was a relatively default installation in the first place, simply replacing the key should be sufficient.

We have a utility that installs by default with the Editor that can be used to remove existing keys and apply a new key - without modifying the installation at all: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/sysadmin/index.html?applying-keys-after-product-in.html

Use /Remove or /cleanup before running /AddKeys or /AddKeyData

If the current installation is old and you want to update, I would then use XCVasult.exe to remove the keys then run a new installation with the key so as to both update to the current version and upgrade to Plus at the same time.

I hope this helps. Do let me know how it goes and if you have any questions along the way.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
willyg
User

Post by willyg »

Thank you for the quick response.
My concern for now is absence of additional OCR languages in the PDF-XCE MSI package you providing.
Sorry for not been clear.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, willyg

The only way to download additional language packages, beyond those included with the Editor by default, is through the OCR dialog "Add/update languages" function.
Once you have updated the languages on one device, you can copy the contents of this folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Tracker Software\Common\ABBYY
To the same location on all other devices which you wish to have access to the same language.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com