Batch Create Multi-page PDFs from JPGs across folders

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BrianDVDYM
User

Batch Create Multi-page PDFs from JPGs across folders

Post by BrianDVDYM »

I’m hoping that this software, or maybe PDF tools can do what I need to do here. So I have 200 folders all with a specific name. Inside these folders are a few Jpgs. I would like to create one multi-page PDF for each of these folders. I can do this manually one folder at a time, but it takes forever. Is there a way to batch process this in PDF-Xchange, or PDF Tools? Thanks for the help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Batch Create Multi-page PDFs from JPGs across folders

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BrianDVDYM,

You can process multi-folder structured with the PDF Tools, but I do not believe you can tell it to make one file for each of the folders directly.
So you might need to run some script that e.g. goes through your folder structure, and call the PDF Tools (can be done from the command line) and process all files in the folder that your script has passed. That way you will end up with one PDF file per folder.

Alternatively - if all your folders contain the same number of images (e.g. it's the same type of document, but one customer per folder) - then you can probably do it fastest by merging everything into one single PDF and then splitting it every N-th page.

Kind regards,
Stefan