OCR - Not enough space

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

adobe-denyer
User

OCR - Not enough space

Post by adobe-denyer »

With a screenshot-tool I made a very long pdf-screenshot from a webpage. I estimate it is perhaps 20 letter-format pages long. When I try to convert it with ocr I recieve an error "not enough space".

How can I reformat the document into normal letter-format pages?

Best regards Ekkehard
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OCR - Not enough space

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello adobe-denyer,

We have tools that should be able to convert the web page into a PDF directly without going through images, but in any case - if you must go the image route - please try to split that image into smaller portions (e.g. paste the image in some image editing software, and split it in pages - then create the PDF file from those smaller image files).

Also - can you please check the build of our products you are using, and if not the latest (V9.3 build 361) - please update and try again.

Also - is the "not enough space" error you get due to not enough Ram or not enough swap space on your storage drive? If it's the drive - how much space is available on it?

Kind regards,
Stefan
adobe-denyer
User

Post by adobe-denyer »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:48 am Hello adobe-denyer,

We have tools that should be able to convert the web page into a PDF directly without going through images, but in any case - if you must go the image route - please try to split that image into smaller portions (e.g. paste the image in some image editing software, and split it in pages - then create the PDF file from those smaller image files).
=> That worked! I printed it into an 20-page pdf and now it is direct readable. Problem solved! Thank You!

Also - can you please check the build of our products you are using, and if not the latest (V9.3 build 361) - please update and try again.
=> Yes, it is th newest version that I m using

Also - is the "not enough space" error you get due to not enough Ram or not enough swap space on your storage drive? If it's the drive - how much space is available on it?
=> I m here on a windows notebook with 16 GB Ram and (manually set 32 GB swap space). My harddisk is 40% free...

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello adobe-denyer,

Glad to hear that you got it working!

Kind regards,
Stefan