Arrow keys for moving objects [suggestion]  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

Arrow keys for moving objects [suggestion]  SOLVED

Post by MedBooster »

When pressing two arrow keys perpendicular to each other simultaneously you can move elements diagonally, but when holding the two keys it doesn't continue moving the object diagonally, on the other hand – it moves it horizontally or vertically depending on what key you hit the latest (even though you are holding two arrow keys with a direction perpendicular to each other simultaneously)

I suggest allowing for holding two arrow keys , such as up and to the right to more quickly move an object (in this instance 45° upwards to the right).

I hope you understand what I am referring to – and please don't change the speed at which it moves the object/element.
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Arrow keys for moving objects [suggestion]

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, MedBooster

Pressing the two keys simultaneously does not move the object diagonally, it simply applies the vertical and horizontal movement in the order which you pressed the two key (as it is nearly impossible to press the two at "exactly" the same time. Then the most recently pressed of the two is repeated by windows, which results in the either horizonal or vertical continued movement.

I cannot promise that it is possible for us to register both keypresses to grant the effect of diagonal movement, but we can certainly look into it.

RT#6111: FR: Diagonal obj move with arrow keys.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com