Issue with editing, "checking in" and saving Sharepoint PDFs - timed out error 12002

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wawawa22
User

Issue with editing, "checking in" and saving Sharepoint PDFs - timed out error 12002

Post by wawawa22 »

Troubleshooting an error "12002: operation timed out"
I can save edits to other Sharepoint PDFs for other projects, just not these 2 PDFs for this project.
Other users can edit and save these PDFs without problem.
  • I can "check out" the PDF.
  • I can make edits.
  • When I hit save, I get the error message attached.
  • When I click "check in", it loads, hangs up on 100% and then checks in the file, however no edits are saved when the file is re-opened.
It seems like a permissions issue, however I can add new PDFs to the project folder and save edits in those. It just appears to be these 2 PDFs which we are using on a regular basis.

Please let me know if I can provide any more info or better explanation. Thank y'all
20220525 pdfxchange error 12002.JPG
!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Issue with editing, "checking in" and saving Sharepoint PDFs - timed out error 12002

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi wawawa22

I am sorry to hear you are seeing these issues connecting. It is always a challenge when the results are different for different people on the same files. I think we need to get some logs from you and see what we can see.

This KB details how to set up logging of the SharePoint Plugin. https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... pport-team

If there are already log files in the log folder, (%Temp%\PDFX-SharePoint - which should translate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\PDFX-SharePoint) you may want to move them elsewhere first so that what you send is is specific to reproducing the issue.
  • Make sure the Editor is not running.
  • Empty the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\PDFX-SharePoint
  • Start the Editor
  • Make sure logging is set to "Full Verbose Logging"
  • Reproduce the issue
  • Close the Editor.
  • Send us all the files in %Temp%\PDFX-SharePoint
Please email these files to support@tracker-software along with a reference to this forum thread so we know what it relates to.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
wawawa22
User

Re: Issue with editing, "checking in" and saving Sharepoint PDFs - timed out error 12002

Post by wawawa22 »

Thanks Paul. I just create the log file and sent the email to support. Appreciate the help.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Bryan,

I have your logs and have passed them on tot he appropriate Dev. Once we have something I will post back here.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com