Image size - multipage printing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BobM
User

Image size - multipage printing

Post by BobM »

When printing a one page pdf containing a single graphic, say a business card, using the multipage printing function, it appears that the output is always scaled to fit the output page. This occurs both when the original image is smaller than the available space or when larger.

Is it possible to use multipage to print the image at its original dimensions, i.e. unscaled, assuming there is space?

If not, could this be added as an option via a feature request?

Also, the ability to have the multipages placed symmetrically on the page would be useful, to ensure alignment when printing a second image (with identical dimensions - the reverse image of the business card) on the other side of the paper.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Image size - multipage printing

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BobM,

I would recommend you to just take the source data from your small page (e.g. the business card), and place it on a full sized page (say A4), and then duplicate it as many times on the horizontal and vertical as it can fit on that page with no scaling. Then you will have your content spaced on your page as needed - and you can then print the full page at zero scaling.

On the below I have already duplicated my sample business card 5 times on the vertical, and am now going to duplicate it once horizontally, so that I can fill the whole page:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
BobM
User

Post by BobM »

Sort of. That's a workaround though and I was looking for something more automated.

Also, my source business card pdf comprises two pages each 85 mm x 55 mm for the front and back of the card. The second page only contains text on a white (transparent?) background, so copying and pasting it to a new sheet loses the original dimensions as the copy function only uses the outer edge of the text, not the full size of the card. This makes it difficult to paste accurately in position - it's essentially guesswork. It needs to be accurate so when the second page of the business card is printed on the other side of the paper, it aligns perfectly correctly for cutting.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BobM,

The "multiple pages per sheet feature is not really designed for what you are trying to do with it!
As for your specific case - if you e-mail us a copy of the file - I can show you how you can quickly duplicate the whole of it - even if there is only text on the backside.

Kind regards,
Stefan