modification date in typewriter tool text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Is there a way to enable seeing the modification date of annotations such as the typewriter tool like you can do with comment pop-ups?

As in the date you added the typewriter text box for example? All I can see when hovering over such text-boxes in the author/commenter's name.

Also, a weird question here, but can you make a pop-up comment linked to a typewriter text-box, or other text-box types?
Attachments
image1.png
image.png
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: modification date in typewriter tool text

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI MedBooster,

I don't think there currently is a way to see the dates on the page, just the comments pane. You can enable/disable the creation dates in the comment pane:
image.png
I don't think Text Box and Typewriter have popups by PDF specification definition because they are already text. I'd need to consult with the devs on that. I will ask, and also whether we can add an option to show the dates as we do the author and also this:
Also, a weird question here, but can you make a pop-up comment linked to a typewriter text-box, or other text-box types?
sorry, it's a public holiday here and the devs are taking a well deserved rest. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with an answer.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Checking the comments pane completely slipped my mind, BUT it would still be interesting to see if you can enable it when hovering (not a deal-breaker, just curious :))

Also, can you even create a pop-up window for a typewriter annotation? Or is it just for sticky notes, rectangles, stamps etc. Maybe that's why you wouldn't see anything else than the author name when hovering your cursor over the element.
Wishlist
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

One of the nice things about using the Comments Pane is you can group them by either creation date or modification date:
image.png
Regarding pop ups for the Typewriter and Text box - we can add these and will: RT#6100: Feature request :: Editor :: Pop Ups Window for Typewriter and TextBox

And about the Tool Tip (mouse over) showing the Author, there is nothing in the software to directly change that. I asked the dev responsible for this and he was otherwise engaged but promised to look into this a bit later.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

Awesome! I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to enable the ability to create pop-ups for all elements, as it is up to you if you want to make a pop-up or not. Sometimes you may not have more place for text when using a typewriter/ text box/ callout etc.
Wishlist
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com