Resize image with unlocked aspect ratio

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

palosanto
User

Resize image with unlocked aspect ratio

Post by palosanto »

Is it possible to resize an image (either placed from file or pasted) to a non-uniform aspect ratio?
I've used Acrobat Pro editor and it allows to manipulate image handles in both dimensions. PDF-Xchange has only corner handles and it resizes always uniformly.
Am I missing something? Using ver 9.2
Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Resize image with unlocked aspect ratio

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, palosanto

Images can be resized with an unlocked aspect ratio, I you cannot do so, I suspect you are not looking at an image object, but instead a "stamp". Stamps are always aspect ratio locked (even in adobe); if you wish to resize this image/content with an unlocked ratio, you will first need to "flatten" the stamp.
To do so, use the hand tool and right click on the stamp, then choose "flatten selected comment". After that, switch to the "edit" tool, and you should be able to select the content that was within the stamp (note that in some cases, the stamp could consist of multiple different objects, I recommend you marquee select (click and drag) to ensure you have the full stamp content selected before you try to move or resize it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com