Tagged PDF - view tags

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

martin3
User

Tagged PDF - view tags

Post by martin3 »

Hello,

is there a way to visualize and change the structured tree that contains the accessibility information for tagged PDF (maybe as a plugin?). This seems to be possible in Adobe Acrobat, but not in PDF XChange Editor.

As the editor is our strategic application for viewing and editing PDFs in our office, but we are urged to produce accessible PDF and therefore we might need to correct missing or wrong tags in the logical structure of pdf files, I was now asked whether this is possible or will be possible within the editor.

It would be quite embarrassing if we had to use Adobe software again, to fill this single gap.

Thanks
Martin
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Tagged PDF - view tags

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Martin,

I am afraid that for the moment we can't create or modify the tags in Tagged PDF documents.

I've just spoken with our devs and they told me that "proper support for tagged PDF is the next big task" - so it is on our ToDo list, and will be one of the main features we will focus for upcoming builds.

Regards,
Stefan
martin3
User

Post by martin3 »

Hello Stefan,

now about a year is over since your last post to this issue. Are there any news about that topic? I still get complaints, that we have to use an Adobe tool for this task. And just recently I was asked to check another competitor, who claims to be able to view and edit the tags contained in a PDF document.

Regards,
Martin
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Martin,

I will need to confirm this with the development team to be sure it is specifically what you are looking for, but Accessibility and the compatibility with accessibility standards is the main thrust of the upcoming Version 9 release.

It has been a major undertaking has literally sidelined other features due to the priority placed on it.

I shall post again here later today with confirmation as to whether this is indeed to be included in the initial release of V9, which I believe is slated for release in September.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi again Martin,

I have confirmation that the compatibility with Accessibility does include the ability to visualize and change the structured tree that contains the accessibility information for tagged PDF.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

It would be great if the "Document Properties" / "Document Metadata" / "Categories" / "Advanced" data could be selected and copied. Or at least save it to a plain text file.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

And the ticket is RT#6090: Feature request :: Editor :: Export option for "Document Properties" / "Document Metadata" / "Categories" / "Advanced" data

You know the drill... ;-)

enjoy
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke