[suggestion] Add filled sortable rectangle draw tool

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] Add filled sortable rectangle draw tool

Post by Jensen Head »

Currently, if you need to quickly cover a part of a document with a "solid" with a background color, there is nothing suitable in the application. I found only the "Polygon Tool" [1] and "Rectangle Tool" [2]. This is useful when you need to mask some areas of objects without editing them, or adding backgrounds to pages when a transparent page background is not desired.

[1] Draw a polygon annotation. To complete the annotation, double click, right-click, or click the start point. Use the Properties pane to set properties.
[2] Draw a rectangle annotation. Use the Properties pane to set properties.

They cover the specified part of the document, but are not displayed in the "Content" panel, and cannot be moved up/down. I tried copying and pasting a rectangular image into the document, then moving it to the right place on the page, resizing it, and using the "Bring Forward" / "Bring to Front" / "Send Backward" / "Send to Back" buttons. This works, but it would be much more convenient if the creation of such an object was possible directly in the application.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Add filled sortable rectangle draw tool

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

The "Background" tool can accomplish this fairly easily already, simply use the tool to create the background color of your choice:
image.png
Then use the "edit" tool to select the background directly, and you can resize it as needed:
image1.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

PDF-Tools:
No tool found that matches your search request.
PDF-Tools — Add Background.png
_
Is this tool not yet implemented in PDF-Tools?
_
Upd. I figured it out (https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?p=160574#p160574). A little confusion due to the fact that in one application the tool window is called "Add Background", and in the other - "Set Pages Background". Perhaps it makes sense to name them the same.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

I would advise using more ambiguous search terms (IE, just "background" would have found the tool regardless of the name), but I can see your point. I cannot promise that this will change, but we will think about it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com