Incorrect Document Creation Date

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

holthelper
User

Incorrect Document Creation Date

Post by holthelper »

For the last month, I noticed when I create/modify a document windows 10 file explorer says the document creation date is 2007. I even updated the program to the latest version 9.3.361.0 and still running into the same issue.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Document Creation Date

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI holthelper,

I believe this is handled by Windows, not us. You should see the same regardless of whether you use our software or another like notepad:

What time is your PC clock set to? Is it the current date or 2007...

explorer_gQcdXl3Ic4.png
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
holthelper
User

Post by holthelper »

Im generating a report and I print using the pdf xchanger lite printer driver and that document creation date is correct. Once I open that document in the pdf xchanger editor and make changes then save that document, the new modified documents creation date is 2007.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-17 134707.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, holthelper

Thank you for the image, I notice that unlike my documents, your has the online property, is the drive you are saving this file connected to a cloud service, such as google drive, or OneDrive? Perhaps the online server settings that file is synchronized with are incorrect, and that is automatically changing the displayed date. I have 2 tests for you.

1. Please try creating a new document using our Editor directly, instead of trying to modify an existing one that was created another way, is the timestamp still incorrect?
2. Please try creating a new file, and saving it to a different directory, one which is not synced with this cloud service (or one which does not result in the file having a "online" value in the "offline status" or "availability" properties). Again, is the timestamp still incorrect in this case?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
holthelper
User

Post by holthelper »

The moment you mentioned cloud made me think that the document is actually on a NAS and since we had a power outage about a month ago, the NAS controller must have a bad cmos battery and the time reset to 2007. Never thought that deep about it.

Problem is solved, thank you!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, holthelper

Glad that mention could jog the memory!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com