Single-Use Link Tool: Feature, Quick, or Bug?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Scenario: I have two different documents open in two side-by-side tab groups and I want to link an area of one document in one tab group to the current view in the other document in the other tab group. I use the Add/Edit Link Took to define the area which activates the Browse for Link Target pop-up window, click on the other tab, and click on Set Link (Ignore Zoom Level box unticked). I have created the Link as intended. But now, the Hand Tool shows as active.

But suppose I want to create multiple Links repeating the above process one after the other. I have to go back and re-activate the Add/Edit Link Tool each time. This is annoying. I would like the Add/Edit Link Tool to stay active until I select another tool for repetitive links creation. Can that be "fixed" or can a user on/off option be added?

P. S. I seem to remember there was a time when I had to use the Advanced Features side of Browse for Link Target pop-up rather than this much better simple Set Link method as above; thank you for fixing that!
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Single-Use Link Tool: Feature, Quick, or Bug?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi PHK,

you need to make sure that while the "Link Tool" is selected, bot not any actual link objectsd selected, then the "Format" tab will have the "Keep Selected" option:
image.png
It caught me out when looking for it because I had actual links selected, but for the properties to be for the tool not the placed object you need the Tool selected but no link objects selected.
LinkTool vs Link Object Selected.gif
does that explain what you are seeing?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
PHK
User

Re: Single-Use Link Tool: Feature, Quick, or Bug?

Post by PHK »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:40 pm Hi PHK,

you need to make sure that while the "Link Tool" is selected, bot not any actual link objectsd selected, then the "Format" tab will have the "Keep Selected" option:

image.png

It caught me out when looking for it because I had actual links selected, but for the properties to be for the tool not the placed object you need the Tool selected but no link objects selected.

LinkTool vs Link Object Selected.gif

does that explain what you are seeing?
Yes, Paul, that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! That is very cute if a bit obscure....
All best,

FringePhil
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com