Delete all the pages except the first one in batch

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pinguinone
User

Delete all the pages except the first one in batch

Post by pinguinone »

Good morning,
I have a lot of pdf files (more than 200) that have for each file a variable number of pages. For example the first one could have 10 pages the second one could have 12 pages the third 2 and so on.
What I need is either:
  • Delete for every pdf file all the pages except the first one
    Extrapolate in a new file (with the same name of original file but in different directory) the first page
Obiuvsly by a command line or something similar but in batch because otherwise I will take a long time to do that.
Is it possible? Is there any suggestion for do that?

Thanks

Gianluca
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Delete all the pages except the first one in batch

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Gianluca,

you can use the |Extract Pages" Tool in PDF-Tools with a custom page range of simply "1" to extract the first page of your source documents and save the results to new files with matching file names.
image.png
I believe that will do what you are asking for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
pinguinone
User

Post by pinguinone »

Hello,
thanks for your prompt answer. Is it possible to do such the same thing but with PDF-XChange editor? If no, is there any discount for an existing (recently renewed) user of PDF X-change editor?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, pinguinone,

Unfortunately, no. The PDF Editor is not meant for batch processing.

You can find the price for the upgrade in the account you have on our website, under the Upgrade Options section :

image.png
Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.