xps/GDI

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BMT216A
User

xps/GDI

Post by BMT216A »

Dear Tracker-Team,
if I use the printer driver to create a pdf-file from an MS-Office document, I get better results if I choose XPS instead of GDI (especially if graphic images are in the document). Just for the reason of understanding: Neither in Office Addin nor in Office2PDF I can choose between XPS and GDI. So the pdf export via Printer Driver is based on a different technology in comparison to Office2PDF and Office Addin?
Thank you for a brief explanation!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: xps/GDI

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello BMT216A,
Just for the reason of understanding: Neither in Office Addin nor in Office2PDF I can choose between XPS and GDI. So the pdf export via Printer Driver is based on a different technology in comparison to Office2PDF and Office Addin?
That is correct.

However, add-ons have many more options and with the right settings, you can achieve better results.

Regards.