OCR removed from Free Version

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mrorecklin@gmail.com
User

OCR removed from Free Version

Post by mrorecklin@gmail.com »

Can you confirm that the OCR capability of PDF-XChange Editor was removed in Version 9..3, build 360.0 (Enhanced OCR).

Up until this version, the was a "Convert", I believe between "Tools" and "Accessibility".

This is a real shame as your OCR converter is one of the very best in the business, and I have tested many.

I can only hope this was an error and that Convert will be back on the next update.

Mel Orecklin, P.Eng., MBA, CAFM
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: OCR removed from Free Version

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, mrorecklin@gmail.com

I can assure you that it was not removed from the free version (the exact same application is installed regardless of wether you have the free version the Editor, or the Editor plus, they are all the exact same software). What I suspect has happened here, is you have accidentally "hidden" the convert tab. To fix this, simply right click on any blank space in the toolbars. and ensure that the checkbox for "convert" is enabled:
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
mrorecklin@gmail.com
User

Post by mrorecklin@gmail.com »

Daniel

Attached is a screen shot of my PDF-XChange Editor Version 9.3, build 361.0 (Enhanced OCR) April 13,2022; 15:19:00.
image.png
;
image1.png
image1.png
Not that the Toolbar shows: File, Edit, View, Document, Comments, Form, Tools, Accessibility, Bookmarks, SharePoint, Windows and Help.

while yours shows View, Comment, Protect, Form, Organize, Convert ...

I've also attached a screen shot of the Customize Toolbars and again, there is not "Convert".

I would most appreciate your assistance in recovering the OCR toolbar.

Mel
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, mrorecklin@gmail.com

You are using the "classic" toolbars in those screenshots. The OCR functions will appear under the "document" menu in that UI mode.
If you would like to revert to the new Ribbon UI, there is a button in the top right corner of the Editor do to so:
image.png
image.png (14.28 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com