Automated backup when saving a file

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

reiner.block
User

Automated backup when saving a file

Post by reiner.block »

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it when you'd implement an automated backup option when saving a PDF-file.

Preferably, with a path to define and different options for the file name that it is possible to define a name like “name - YYYYHHMM.hhmm”.

Such option is available in a good deal of software, especially editors.

Suggesting greetings

Reiner
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Automated backup when saving a file

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, reiner.block

I am afraid that I do not understand the purpose of the tool. Saving is already an act of backing up the information you were just working on. If you do not wish to overwrite the original, you can use "save as" to leave the first version of the file untouched. If you want a duplicate of the Document, you can use save and then save as to make a copy somewhere else, or simply open the windows file explorer, and Ctrl+Drag the file to create a copy wherever you move it to.

It sounds like you are asking if we can make the save function save the file twice, which I have to admit is not something I have ever seen another application offer. Can I ask you to please provide some examples, possibly a video showing how to set this up, and how it works in other apps?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com