New Translation tool available!

For translators, questions, tips and suggestions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

New Translation tool available!

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Translators,

A new version of the translation tool with the current latest data files for the next build of our products, is now available for download here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxed ... zer301.zip

Note that there are a total of 29 language modules to be translated, please include all files for your translation in any submissions. Any completed translations submit before Monday Feb, 28th will be included in the software, modules delivered on or after that date will not be included in the installer until the following build.

You can find more about our translations here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/langua ... nge-editor

If you are one of our current active translators, feel free to continue translating the languages we have approved you for. If you are a new translator looking to help, please contact us first to ensure your language is not already being translated! support@pdf-xchange.com

Have an excellent day!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
angel herraez
User

Re: New Translation tool available!

Post by angel herraez »

Hello support
I have been trying to send you the update of Spanish translation but my emails did not raise a response (as it used to happen very quickly in previous times).
I sent my email and files on July 29th, Aug. 5th and again today Aug. 20th

Could you please confirm what the situation is? Are you not getting my emails?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello angel herraez,

Your files were received and forwarded to the new employee the is dealing with translations.

She will contact you shortly.

Regards.
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

So far I have received no feedback about the files I sent and renewal of my complimentary licence.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:03 pm Hello angel herraez,

Your files were received and forwarded to the new employee the is dealing with translations.

She will contact you shortly.

Regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Angel Herraez

Apologies, our Translation manager is currently on vacation and travelling. I have located the email and you account, I am just asking my manager to have a new key generated for your account. Once he does so, we will send you an email with the new key.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

angel herraez wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:01 pm I sent my email and files on July 29th, Aug. 5th and again today Aug. 20th
As a followup to this, It seems that the file you sent us were created using the build 360.0 translation tool and are not complete for the current version. Based on your first submission date (july 29th) the latest release was build 361.0 and the submission was still incomplete with regards to the then current version.

Can I ask you to please download the current (363.0) builds translation tool, and complete the translation for the latest release, as we can only offer a license for 100% complete translations. (you can check which build the localizer your are using is related to by clicking "help > about" within the localizer itself.

Once you have completed the translation, please email it to us via support@pdf-xchange.com with "ATTN Daniel & Chris" in the subject line, so that one of us will see it and can action providing your license key as soon as we are able.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
angel herraez
User

Post by angel herraez »

Thank you.
I got the new license and will work on the update.
Note that after I sent my translation update initially (and I received no reply) some new version appeared. Since my installation was then locked to free features I could not do a good test.

Some suggestions:
  • There is always a confusion for me that there are 3 versions of the localization files: 1. with the new version of the program that is being installed. 2. the file set that gets downloaded with the translation tool. 3. The file set that can be downloaded as a language package from the webpage. This makes our life hard, to know which is the latest set of files. The date stamps of files are often different among the three.
  • The translation tool is updated from time to time but is always labeled with the same version number. An incremental sub-version number would be helpful to keep track of the updates. l
  • The translation tool uses a fixed font size which is small in current screens and makes it hard to avoid typos. It would be great to have an option to change font size.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello angel herraez,

Thanks for your comments - I will pass those to the people creating the localization tools and I am sure they will consider improvements to it!

Kind regards,
Stefan