Automatic expansion of the width of the page number area in the "Page Navigation Toolbar"

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

rakunavi
User

Automatic expansion of the width of the page number area in the "Page Navigation Toolbar"

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

PDF-XChange Editor can display logical page numbers in the "Page Navigation Toolbar" by enabling the following setting.

• Preferences -> Page Display -> Page Display
    "Use logical page numbers"
However, since the width of the page number area is fixed and cannot be changed, the logical page number will not be fully displayed when a prefix with a long number of characters is added. In the standard screen layout, there is space on the left and right of the "Page Navigation Toolbar". If the page number cannot be fully displayed within the frame, it would be convenient if the width of the page number frame of the "Page Navigation Toolbar" is automatically expanded, as adopted in Acrobat.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version:9.2 build 359.0
- OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.1466
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Automatic expansion of the width of the page number area in the "Page Navigation Toolbar"

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

That would be nice actually. There would need to be some limit as to how much it expands in cases where the length is extreme but I am hopeful that something can be done here. I raised a feature request around this, RT#5939: Feature request :: Editor :: Automatic expansion of the width of the page number area in the "Page Navigation Toolbar"

Whether this is done will now be at the discretion of the development team leader. Raising the request is not a promise to deliver said feature, rather a promise to look seriously into it.

I hope that helps. Let see what comes.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
rakunavi
User

Re: Automatic expansion of the width of the page number area in the "Page Navigation Toolbar"

Post by rakunavi »

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for considering the possibility. I am very happy that you took the time to read through my post.

rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com