How to configure the frequency of receiving email notifications from the forum?

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Frequency and time settings for forum email-notifications

I am completely satisfied with the existing system - I receive an email as soon as a new answer appears in the tracked topics.
33%
I would prefer to have a summary of all new posts in the monitored forum threads once a day (several days).
No votes
It would be convenient for me to receive a summary of new messages once a day (several days) - one letter for each tracked topic.
33%
It would be nice if I received an email notification as soon as a response is posted on the forum, but only at the specified time. Notifications left on the forum outside of this time will be received with a delay - when it is convenient for me.
No votes
I would vote for the combined use of digests and time ranges.
33%
Something else, or "I just want to see the results".
No votes

Total votes: 3

Jensen Head
User

How to configure the frequency of receiving email notifications from the forum?

Post by Jensen Head »

For example, send a summary of updates no more than once a day, once a week, or only at specified hours. Many topics on the forum are interesting to me, but I would prefer that notifications of new messages in them come not around the clock every few hours, but, for example, only from 7 to 9 and from 19 to 23 hours. Or, as I wrote above, once a day an almanac of changes would come (or not, if there were none), which I could read, or postpone for a convenient time for reading.

In the settings of the forum, I did not find the corresponding settings. Can you consider adding them?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to configure the frequency of receiving email notifications from the forum?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

I've asked our devs who work on the forums code to take a look at this topic and if such changes are possible - we will let you know.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to configure the frequency of receiving email notifications from the forum?

Hello Jensen Head,

We've just installed a new plug-in for the forums - and you can now select your desired notifications frequency:
Screenshot from 2021-12-21 11-37-10.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

I love you. You are best.

As I understand it, this module does not use the old list of subscriptions (https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed), but only the general list of root sections ("forums") and the list of bookmarks (https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks)? That is, to receive by email, for example, a daily summary of messages only from topics of interest to me, I need to add all existing subscriptions to bookmarks, remove subscriptions, and select "Bookmarked topics only" in the "Forums selection" (https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ucp.php?i=-phpbbservices-digests-ucp-main_module&mode=forums_selection)?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Jensen Head,

Yes - this is a new plug-in and while I am waiting for a reply from our web devs - please do give it a try yourself!
I am not subscribed to any topic or forum section myself as I do check them all constantly throughout the day anyway :)

Kind regards,
Stefan