SecurePDF: Command Line

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mhub
User

SecurePDF: Command Line

Post by mhub »

I have a few hundred pdf files i have to protect with a uniqe user password. I want to do this from the command line and pass a unique password for each file and use Acrobat 9.0 or above.

Can someone tell me if this is possible? I've searched the forum and the manual but did not find an answer.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: SecurePDF: Command Line

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, mhub

There is currently no way to assign a unique password to each processed file automatically. As far as I am aware, we have seen a small few requests for this over the years, but so far do not have plans to offer such a function; I can present the idea to the Dev team again and see if they would like to reconsider that.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
mhub
User

Post by mhub »

Hi Daniel,
it isn't possible to use the securePDF with arguments on the command line? I believe it would also be enough, if i could change the security guideline from command line

For my usecase I don't need to process all files with one call of the tool, I think.

I use VBA to execute a command i created with VBA in the Windows Shell. Calling the tool a few hundred times is also an option :D this works finde with the merge Tool.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi mhub.

We haven't such possibility at the moment. But theoretically it can be implemented in the way like this:

PDFXTools.exe /runtool secure_UserA.json "c:\UserA.pdf"
PDFXTools.exe /runtool secure_UserB.json "c:\UserB.pdf"

and secure_***.json files may contain the tool-ID and specified password individual for each User*.
Just an idea...

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.