Suggestions of brand and model of tablets

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

Hi! I would like to know which brand and model of tablets do you think its the best one to use pdf xchange.

I'd assume that the tablets must have a windows OS, since pdf xchange editor is neither on the IOS or on the android app stores, right?

I would also like to know if you guys think that using pdf xchange in tablets its better than using a dedicated pdf manipulator app for touch screen devices. I never tried using pdf xchange editor in tablets but I think that if I can use it and have at least a third of the functionalities I have in the desktop version it would be better than any other pdf manipulator for touch screen devices.

Thank you very much for your attention!
Igor
PDF-XChange Editor fan :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions of brand and model of tablets

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello igorlima,

You will be limited to MS Surface devices, and I think a few other that are Windows based.
Whether you need a Windows based mobile device on which you can have all of your normal Windows software, or an Android/iOS device will be up to you though!

Kind regards,
Stefan
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

I see Stefan, thank you very much for your response!

Personally, considering that pdf xchange its a essential software for my work, I would be willing to get a MS surface so that I can have more use of this software in other places different from my desk. I'm just wondering which model of MS surface its recommended here.

I'm sorry if this information cannot be provided here, its just that I don't know other places that I can talk about things related to this software. :(

Also, I would like to know if its possible to see a demonstration video of the use of pdf xchange in an tablet.

Thank you very much! :D
Igor
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello igorlima,

Any Surface device powerful enough to run Windows, will suffice for the Editor as well - so the selection will be down to e.g. your budget and what other software you might need to use on that device!
So it's not that I don't want to recommend you any specific hardware (we only sell the Software, so there's no overlap of interests here), it is just that there are lots of other variables that you will have to consider, as well as not really being into this kind of hardware myself and now having much knowledge personally.

Kind regards,
Stefan
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

I see, Stefan, thank you!

and about the video demonstration? there is anyway I can see the use of pdf xchange in a touch screen device?
Igor
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello igorlima,

I am afraid that I don't have any such videos at hand. We do have Touch optimized UI mode - which makes icons a bit larger and easier to work with with fingers, but I don't have a Surface device at hand in this office to test and e.g. make a short video for you, but as far as I know e.g. two finger scrolling and such similar gestures should work fine.

Kind regards,
Stefan
igorlima
User

Post by igorlima »

I see, thank you!
Igor
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
JimmyD
User

Post by JimmyD »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:35 am but I don't have a Surface device at hand in this office to test and e.g. make a short video for you,
Please invest in a touch device, so that you can improve the touch experience of PDF-XChange Editor. It's really lagging behind most other PDF software in this regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:35 am but as far as I know e.g. two finger scrolling and such similar gestures should work fine.
No, it sadly doesn't work fine. See the following issue.
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31877
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jimmy,

I have been discussing this with the team members responsible and we have agreed this needs to be 'bumped' up in the priority list.

We have just made a release this past week so I am afraid it will still be some weeks away - but it is now receiving attention and Touchscreen support will improve generally over the coming months please b assured.

Your patience is appreciated.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com