Font size changes inside the PDF

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Luz2021
User

Font size changes inside the PDF

Post by Luz2021 »

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the font sizes in the PDF.
In our software we work with the PXCComLib.
Among other things we use Option PDFPrinter.Option ['Fonts.EmbedAll']: = 'Yes';
The text was created in Calibri 10. Callibri 10.1 is then used as the font size in the generated PDF.
This leads to the texts printing into one another.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Font size changes inside the PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Luz2021,

Welcome to our forums!
Can we please have a sample of the generated result with the incorrect font size, and a bit more of the code you use to set up the printer driver? Have you tested your application with other virtual printers and does it output the correct font size in those cases?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Luz2021
User

Post by Luz2021 »

Hello Stefan,
sorry for my very late response to you. I had missed to activate the "notifications" in my profile. Sorry for that.
I have attached a PDF, where you can see, what i mean...

When we go through our "print"-method in our code, all the text in the row "010, 1,0000, stck, Test, 100,00, 100,00" uses the font "Arial 10". Our customers can look at the "print-preview" to have the possibility to coreect some lines if they want. When this is done the PDF will be created. Then they opens the PDF and see dirrernces between the preview and the PDF

You can proof that, by looking into the Content (
Angebot_20200038.pdf
(80.26 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
with PDFChange Viewer). You will see there, that some of the Text-Members has a Fontsize of 9.6 and other uses 10.1.

My guess is that the 10.1 font size across all lines of a large document means that PDF looks different than the print preview.

thx for your efforts.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Luz2021,

Thanks for the sample file! Indeed the numbers on that line are reported wtih font size 9.6 while the text above (and the word "Test" on that same line) are reported as size 10.1.

I see that this file was created with build 203 of our software. That is very old now, and I am afraid that we can not really fix issues in older builds. The best I could do at this point is to advise you to download our current SDK builds and see if those work better for your project than the older ones!

Kind regards,
Stefan