request for easier toggle to print in color/BW/grayscale

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pascal.b
User

request for easier toggle to print in color/BW/grayscale

Post by pascal.b »

Hello,
I'm unsure about having picked up the right forum.
In order to save on cartridge I often print in grayscale. However, after Ctrl+P I find it quite cumbersome to go to 'more' into 'advanced printing options'. I'd rather have a toggle button on the first screen. I realize there might be some real estate issue but I'm sure it is quite feasible.
Regards,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: request for easier toggle to print in color/BW/grayscale

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pascal.b,

If you set your printer to print in Greyscale - we should pick this up as the only available option, and directly allow you to print in greyscale. If you can't set the printer to greyscale only due to e.g. other apps still needing colour - then I am afraid you will have to switch this option from the Advanced menu, as indeed the real estate in the print preview dialogue is quite limited, though if you print with any specific setings, and then close the Editor - those settings should be remembered and reused next time you print.

Kind regards,
Stefan
pascal.b
User

Post by pascal.b »

thanks Stefan.
as you have guessed, the issue is to easily switch printing between Grayscale and Color, not to have the printer permanently set to grayscale.
note: first screen real-estate is limited but not full !
regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pascal.b,

Some of the space could be filled up by menus that dynamically expand - e.g. the "Page Placement and scaling" area will fill with options depending on what you select in the "Type" drop down menu. We should also leave some space so that localizations of the UI could fint strings that might be longer in other languages than they are in English. So that window is pretty much full! :)

Kind regards,
Stefan