Set Default Scanner Setttings (SOLVED)  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Chris.Holmes
User

Set Default Scanner Setttings (SOLVED)

Post by Chris.Holmes »

We have an application that opens a PDF in PDF-X so we can insert a page from a scanner to the end of the document.
The scan needs to be 300 dpi, grayscale, OCR. I've created a profile with these settings called MYSETTINGS.
Everything works until I need to insert another page into another document.
I need to have MYSETTINGS come up as the default Scanner Settings Profile and not <Custom>.
I know that if I don't change any of the settings, the previous settings stay, but if I scan something in colour, then that becomes the new <Custom> scan setting.

How do I set MYSETTINGS to alway appear as the default in the Scanner Settings drop down and not <Custom>. (see image)
image.png
Last edited by Chris.Holmes on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Set Default Scanner Setttings  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Chris.Holmes

Thank you for the report, Unfortunately there is no way to force a single profile to always be loaded when this dialog opens, it will always reflect the last used settings, and if you need to activate a profile, you will need to specify that profile, or alternatively, select the profile for quick access from the scanner dropdown menu, like so:
image_2021_02_26T18_06_44_700Z.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com