Bookmark from text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

qlaus_2
User

Bookmark from text

Post by qlaus_2 »

Hello all,

I often receive PDFs with no navigation structure at all. So creating bookmarks from text is a great help.

It seems that the automatic chapter numberiung of some word processor is creating this situation:

grafik.png

The heading consist of the number in Verdana 14, some blanks in Arial 14, and the title in Verdana 14 (can be whatever font and size, the blanks are mostly Arial). So two separate Bookmarks for the same location are generated, which I don't see as very helpful. If the document is small, it can be fixed manually, but this option becomes unpleasant when the doc is longer.

I tried to play around with the character options, but have not been able to convince the editor to create just one bookmark per header.

Any ideas?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Bookmark from text

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi q_laus2

You said you already have PDF document, not Word documents, so the conversion process is not available to you? If some other application is creating these bookmarks and they are wrong, it could be difficult correcting them, better to get a correct conversion in the first place.

Or am I misunderstanding and you have PDF documents that have no bookmarks and are using the Editor Create Bookmarks from Page text feature to generate them?

May we have a sample?

Please and thanks.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com