Toolbar questions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

Toolbar questions

Post by kumar »

Hello,
I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to configure toolbar to display multiple rows (two rows if not more) of commands? If not, can you add it in the next release version?

2. Is there a way to configure the icon/image size of the toolbar commands? If not, can you add it in the next release version?

3. I want to add shortcuts to some pdf files in the toolbar either as buttons (1 button per pdf file) or preferably as a drop-down combobox showing the list of pdf files how can I do it? Latter option is better as it avoids filling toolbar with pdf file shortcut buttons.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar questions

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello kumar,

You have not specified if you are using the Classic or Ribbon UI - but both can be extensively customized:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... the-Editor

As for your third question - we already have this in the 'recent list' of files that you have opened:
image.png
And as you can see - I have a document pinned at the top. You can have more documents pinned there.

You can also have sessions:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ns_ed.html

Kind regards,
Stefan
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

Thanks for the reply, but it does not resolve my issues.

I'm using Ribbon UI and the setting to use smaller icons is affecting only the icons in Ribbon UI. I'm talking about adding an extra row and reducing the size of icons/images in the quick access toolbar.

I'm aware of the recent files command, but I want a dropdown box where I want to put file shortcuts. I work with many documents and pinning all of them in recent files wont help. Having a dedicated dropdown box in the quick access toolbar in which I can add file shortcuts will be useful.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, kumar

Regarding changes to the number of rows in the title bar specifically, I do not believe this is possible, but if you switch to the "classic UI" you can compress the UI so that it is two or three thin lines of icons.

As for configuring the size of icons, currently the only available option is the one you discovered, This may be something we can offer, but I will need to discuss it with out UI Devs, and as with most feature requests, I cannot promise a timeline for implementation. Generally speaking however, feature requests are almost never implemented with the next release after being requested. It usually takes multiple releases worth of time before a new feature is developed, tested, and ready for official implementation.

Finally, adding shortcuts to specific documents. Unfortunately this is not likely possible, due to the volatile nature of files, file locations, and the like. It would be quite impossible for us to keep a handle on files well enough to convert them into UI elements (despite the name "tracker software" we do not actual tracking of your files). Another alternative we could offer (beyond the "Recents list" Stefan mentioned) is for you to make use of sessions to save a group of files that can be opened all at once. This article details the use of Sessions: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ns_ed.html

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com