HEIC to PDF  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Eymann
User

HEIC to PDF

Post by Eymann » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:32 pm

Will there be a function to convert photos in HEIC format to PDF at some point? Similar to the JEPG photos...
Or is it already being developed in this direction?

Here is a link about the HEIC photo format...
"https://macpaw.com/how-to/what-is-heic-file"

Thanks for your feedbacks

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: HEIC to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello Eymann,

We do not currently support this file format as you have noticed!
I've asked our devs if support for this could be added in the future!

As a workaround - for the time being - you should be able to convert these images to supported file formats as e.g. .bmp or .jpg, and then use the converted copies in the Editor. There seem to be many online tools offering this feature.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: HEIC to PDF  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 am

Hello again Eymann,

My colleagues in the dev team asked me to make a ticket for this:
#5493: FR: High Efficiency Image File Format support
So that we can include support for this file format in the future.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Eymann
User

Post by Eymann » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:13 am

Hello Stefan

Thanks for your answer. I think it's very cool that the developers are working on it. This makes the PDF-XChange even more attractive and elegant ... yeah! :D
I suspect Adobe doesn't support HEIC, so PDF-XChage would stand out from the competition. 8)

Yes, I know I've tried some online tools, but there are always small obstacles such as data size restrictions or the number of photos that can be converted.

I am pleased to hear that your development department is so innovative and integrates such exotic HEIC photo formats into the protofolio of the XChange.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:24 am

Hello Eymann,

It is an image file format, and if there are the correct libraries for converting from it - we will be happy to support it for sure!
However - It seems to be a bit more complex one (e.g. also supporting gif style animations) - so we might e.g. only support still images conversion, or only the first image in such animated HEIC files. In any case - it will be worked on. How long it will be until this is implemented I can not tell at this stage, but the Feature Request ticket is there, so it will be done at some point!

Kind regards,
Stefan