PDF-XChange icon missing from the Word toolbar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

salves50
User

PDF-XChange icon missing from the Word toolbar

Post by salves50 »

How do I add PDF-XChange icon to the Microsoft Word or Excel toolbar? All previous PDF editors I have used before automatically create such icon at installation, so that all one has to do to create a PDF from a Word document is click that icon. PDF-XChange didn't add such an icon! I am baffled.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: PDF-XChange icon missing from the Word toolbar

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

The "Microsoft Office Toolbar Add-ins" of PDF-XChange (Tracker Software) are included in their "PDF-XChange Standard Printer" package, not in "PDF-XChange Editor". See: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-standard

If you like, you can also convert your Word and Excel files by opening them in PDF-XChange Editor and then saving them as PDF.

Best regards.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello,

The PDF XChange Standard is also part of the PDF XChange Pro. Your previous product probably has been PDF XChange Pro.

However, you can also convert the files by dropping them into the PDF Editor directly.

Regards.
salves50
User

Post by salves50 »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 am Thank you but, does this mean that, even though I purchased the Editor Plus version (not the standard), the icon is still unavailable on Excel and Word? What do I have to do to get an icon on my word and Excel toolbars?

Hi,

The "Microsoft Office Toolbar Add-ins" of PDF-XChange (Tracker Software) are included in their "PDF-XChange Standard Printer" package, not in "PDF-XChange Editor". See: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-standard

If you like, you can also convert your Word and Excel files by opening them in PDF-XChange Editor and then saving them as PDF.

Best regards.
salves50
User

Post by salves50 »

I think I may have to purchase the Printer Standard. I was unaware the Plus version that comes with the Printer Lite would not have the Word and Excel icons on the respective toolbars...
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Indeed.

In case you like to have the "PDF-XChange" toolbar in Word and Excel, then you need to install the "PDF-XChange Standard" printer.

If you only have a license for "PDF-XChange Editor (Plus)", then the "PDF-XChange Standard"-printer is NOT included.

In case, you should have a license for the whole bundle "PDF-XChange Pro", then it is included.

Without a valid license you can download and install the "PDF-XChange Standard"-printer (to run some tests if you like), but you will get publicity stamps in the resulting PDF's.

Best regards.
Attachments
PDF-XChange toolbar in Word.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Willy Van Nuffel

Thank you very much for helping Salves50 with this over the weekend! :mrgreen:

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com