Editor toolbar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

Editor toolbar

Post by kumar »

Hello,
Please let me know the following.
1. I customized toolbar on top and the bar at bottom (that has page number) in PDF-XChange Editor, how can I export the toolbars so I can restore them in future?
2. Is there a portable version of PDF-XChange Pro?
3. Is there a portable version of PDF-XChange Editor?
4. Is PDF-XChange Editor free for private and commercial use?

Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Editor toolbar

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Kumar,

Thank you for the excellent questions.

1. To export UI customizations, click file > Manage settings > Export settings.

2. There is no portable version of PRO as it is a suite consisting of our most sought after softwares. Our printers and PDF-Tools do not work in a portable environment.

3. The Editor and Editor plus can be downloaded as a portable version from the Editor product page.

4. As detailed here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/charit ... -discounts in the Free Non-Commercial products section. The PDF-XChange Lite driver is free for home use, meanwhile in the Editor roughly 85% of features require no license, and the remaining 15% are clearly marked and present a warning when used. Note that as in any case when used without a license "click here to buy now" publicity stamps will be placed on document that have been affected by a premium feature.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

Thanks Daniel. For portable version, how do I set up the file explorer context menus? Which dll files should be registered for it? Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

This is not possible in the portable version. The key point in being portable is that is it not installing anything on your PC and thus is able to run even from a usb flash drive.

If you need these functions, you will need to use the installed version, and include our Shell extensions during installation.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
conili
User

Post by conili »

Hello, do you plan any updates to the version for education/charity use? I am a student but my University does not offer licence of that level. I am mostly concerned about security since the version provided is old.

Thank you
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, conili

There is no "academic/charity" use version of the software, Academic institutions (or individual students) and registered charities, who submit the appropriate form will receive a temporary discount code to give them a reduction of the base purchase cost. There are no further discounts, as maintenance renewals are already very heavily discounted and personalized to your license.

If you wish to use the latest version, and your school is not purchasing it for you, you can submit an academic discount request and purchase your own license, which will be valid and cover all new releases of that product for a minimum of 1 year (up to 3 years) before needing renewal to continue supporting the latest release.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com