Automatically enter date a form is filled out

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gackdeux
User

Automatically enter date a form is filled out

Post by gackdeux »

I have a form with a signature line and would like the date line to fill in with the date the form is filled out, how can this be done?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Automatically enter date a form is filled out

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, gackdeux

When placing a signature, our software will by default include the signing time in the signature itself, you can also view the signing time within the document from the Signatures pane.

If you need to have another field changed you may be able to write some custom JavaScript to apply todays Date to a text field upon signing:
LUOckYcurX.png
Let me know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
gackdeux
User

Post by gackdeux »

I am talking about a date line next to the signature. Tried to figure out javascript, but since I am an end-user and not a developer it would not work on the Ipads.

How do I make a calendar pop-up or a field auto-populate with today's date.....you know when you "sign and date" a document......the date line only gives me the keypad.....want something more automated....
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, gackdeux

This could also be done with JavaScript, but if that is not an option, date fields when opened in our Editor, should present a "today" button on the bottom:
PDFXEdit_m9xlt0IThv.png
PDFXEdit_m9xlt0IThv.png (6.75 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Simply click that button after opening the dropdown to input todays date quickly.

If you are not seeing this option, you may have an old build installed, please update the software and try again.

I should also note that as we do not develop our software for iOS, you would not be able to use our editor on an iPad. That said, provided you are using a properly created PDF viewing application, the JavaScript added through our software should work the same in every other application, even on mobile devices.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com