Saving document using cmd.save command for IStream opened documents

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
zarkogajic
User

Saving document using cmd.save command for IStream opened documents

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi support,

I'm opening documents using MainFrame's OpenDocFrom and passing in an IStream. The IStream is "generated" from CreateFileW with GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE | FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE.

After some edits to the document, if I close the document via CloseTab or File-Close (main menu) - after the "do you want to save changes" - the document is saved and closed without any issues.

If I execute "cmd.save" (so to save but not to close the document), the document will be saved but I would receive:

image.png

The same happens in FullDemo.

Is it possible to save a document opened via IStream and keep it open?

-žarko
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Saving document using cmd.save command for IStream opened documents

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello žarko,

Why do you need to do a double conversion here? If you have a file, you can open it directly by path.
Also, saving to IStream only depends on the Wrapper that you have used - if there is an implementation of such a possibility then it we support it.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,
Why do you need to do a double conversion here? If you have a file, you can open it directly by path.
Ah, that's a long and sad story :)

As per some of my previous posts, specifically this one: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33398&p=138267&hil ... ew#p137980

I'm using multiple pxvControls in my application. Many act as a Viewer one as an Editor. I need to have instances of pxVControl to work separately. So far, I've successfully (hope so) been able to force pxvControl instances to work/act as standalone.

The only problem I was not able to solve is the searchView functionality. If a document is open in FrameA and search "in folder" is initiated in FrameB, clicking on the search result of a document opened in FrameA will activate that document - while I need this not to work in that way (since all actions must happen in FrameB - where search is initiated).

By trial/error I've figured that if I open a document via IStream your internal code will not be able to find documents in other Frames - since the "CoreDoc.SrcInfo.ActualFileName" is empty - and I guess this is how you look for documents when deciding if a document is already open in some frame (?).

So, the only reason I'm using IStream is to "hide" a document from your internal "find document" implementation.

If you recall, this is the feature I've been asking for .. some event to react on when your internal code decides if a document is already open or should be open in a Frame.

The above applies as well for the hightlighter (also explained in the mentioned thread).
Also, saving to IStream only depends on the Wrapper that you have used - if there is an implementation of such a possibility then it we support it.
Saving of the file opened via IStream works (that's if GENERIC_WRITE is specified, which I do not like and will need to find a different approach) - what happens after the save troubles me ("document unavailable").

-žarko
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi support,

Any new info here?

Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello žarko,

Well I've tried recreating this and this dialog appears:
image.png
Then if I Close it, then the one that you have mentioned shows up.
Do you see the first dialog that I mentioned?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Alex,

Nope.

Here's what I'm doing:

image.png

So: open a file as IStream, do some changes, close the tab.

image.png
image.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Click "yes" here:

image.png

And the file gets properly saved (and closed, though).

I need to be able to do the same - save it with "cmd.save" (or any other means) - but without closing it.

-žarko
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Any ideas here?