PDF-XChange Editor Free Installation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Cedric48
User

PDF-XChange Editor Free Installation

Post by Cedric48 »

I have PDF-XChange Editor free installed on an old Notebook I am getting rid of. It will print PDFs or combine them without a watermark. It has W10, upgraded to v1903
I have installed PDF-XChange Editor free on the replacement notebook, but it puts watermarks on all output. It is running W10 v1903.
Did I do something wrong during the installation? I chose a normal install, not custom.
Or when installing the on the old notebook, did I enter an old licence key from PDF-XChange v3 or v4?
--
Regards
Cedric
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Editor Free Installation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Cedric,

If printing a PDF file from inside the Editor to a Printer - this is a free feature and should work even now.
If you are printing from something else to pdf - then this would involve our printing drivers and those normally do require a license.
If you believe you've had a license in the past - please do e-mail us to support@tracker-softwar.com - and we will try o recover your license info for you. We can not discuss licensing issues in the forums, as they are public and anyone could read this post.

Regards,
Stefan
Cedric48
User

Post by Cedric48 »

Whatever I do I get the watermark.
PDF-XChange Editor is my default App to open PDF files.
I have just opened a PDF by clicking the file in File Explorer, selected File > Print > PDF_XChange Lite as my printer and printed the complete document, leave all other options at the default and print it. The result has watermarks on both sides of the top of each page.
I also get watermarks if I use PDF-XChange Lite printer to print from another App (eg MS Word), or if I run the OCR option, or if I open with PDF-XChange Editor and append the file to another PDF.

I am running PDF-XChange Editor 8.0 v334.0 on Windows 10 v1903.
--
Regards
Cedric
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello Cedric,

There are two versions of the PDF-XChange Lite printer: a licensed version and a free version.

Only the licensed version is included in the installation package of PDF-XChange Editor.

In case you are using PDF-XChange Editor as a non-licensed (free) version, you must download and install the PDF-XChange Lite printer separately, from the following page (and make sure to select the one a the right, the FREE version - for non-commercial use):
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... hange-lite

Best regards
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Cedric,

Willy is correct here, if you wish to use the lite printer, free for non-commercial use, you will need to download that version of it separately.

Regarding the other issues you encountered, some features in the editor, such as OCR and inserting pages are not "free features" and require a license to be used without appending watermarks. You can continue using these features without a license, but watermarks will always appear after their use in that case.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Cedric48
User

Post by Cedric48 »

Thanks Fellas, it is now working OK.
Just to avoid possible confusion I uninstalled the printer that requires a license (via Start > Settings > Printers) before installing the free one. I was uncertain if I would end up with 2 printers with similar names.
I will buy a license if I need more features.
--
Regards
Cedric
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Glad to hear it is working for you,

Have an excellent day!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com