OCR crashing

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zeph
User

OCR crashing

Post by Zeph »

I purchased Enhanced OCR. I am trying to OCR a 2 page PDF. It gets half-way then crashes the entire program. I tried both OCR to the original document and do make a copy, both crash.

I tried to submit a report but there was some sort of mail issue.

I'm not sure what to do.

I have WIN 10, and just downloaded and purchased PDF X-Change in the past month, so everything is new. Version 8.0, build 332.0.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: OCR crashing

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Zeph,
Thank you for the report, I notice you are running build 332.0, we released build 333 following that to address a number of crash related issues, could you please update and see if those issues are resolved or not?

If any of the issues persist, please send us a copy of the document you are attempting to OCR and a screenshot showing your current OCR settings. We will attempt to reproduce the issue here, and if we cannot, will take further troubleshooting steps.

If the document contains sensitive data, please instead email us via support@pdf-xchange.com

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com