Converting Links and Comments

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

yjamous
User

Converting Links and Comments

Post by yjamous »

Hi
I've an Excel sheet that contains URLs (Links) and Comments.
I want to know how can I make PDF Exchange convert the Links and Comments into PDF?
When I go to Excel and choose the option to print using PDF X-Change, I loose the URLs and Links

I am using:
1) Windows 10 64-bit
2) Office 365
3) PDF X-change Editor Plus (Version 7, Build 328.1)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Converting Links and Comments

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello yjamous,

When you got to "print" - excel prepares your file thinking that you will output it to a physical device - and links information does not have much meaning when printing to paper - so it gets stripped out and not passed to us at all.

The options are to either use the add-in that comes with our Standard printer (not part of an Editor license but included in the Pro bundle), or to try and directly drag and drop your Excel file over the Editor and see if that will convert your links as well!

Regards,
Stefan
yjamous
User

Post by yjamous »

Thanks
The Links worked when I dragged and dropped. But the comments didn't seem to work!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello yjamous,

Word comments work differently from PDF comments and unfortunately cannot be converted nicely. as such this function is not enabled for drag'n'drop operations. If you wish to enable this, you will need to use our word addin with PDF-XChange Standard, and Enable "Convert revision markups:
image.png
As before, due to incompatibilities between the two formats, the comments are not ideal when converted, appearing as a series of shape objects, like so:
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com