Merge pdf files

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

noam.b
User

Merge pdf files

Post by noam.b »

I'm a new user of Pdf-Xchange editor - free version, and I have some difficult to merge Pdf files.
How can I merge pdf files using Organize menu> Merge files?

Many thanks in advance,
Noam
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Merge pdf files

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Noam,

Thanks for the post - If you're trying to merge files, I believe that this is what you're looking for:
image.png
Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
noam.b
User

Post by noam.b »

Hi Willy,

Since I'm using the free version, that option you've mentioned doesn't work in the free version.

I've tried to merge pdf files using another procedure, as I described meaning through the "Organize" menu and then
choosing "merge files". But I don't know how to use it.
Unfortunately, I didn't find an answer to this issue on the web.

I do expect to receive replies concerning this procedure.

Respectfully,
Noan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Noam,

The Options to merge pages (from one file in another) in the Organize tab are also requiring a license.
Any operation that does make changes to the number of pages in a file (e.g. add/delete/replace pages) is not free and requires a license.

Regards,
Stefan
noam.b
User

Post by noam.b »

Hello Stefan,

Amazing that such basically act as merging pdf files, isn't included in the free version.

Is free Pdf-xchange editor replacing Pdf-xchange viewer but only in another look?

Thanks for your reply,
Noam
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Noam,

The Editor has replaced Viewer for quite some time as the Viewer was discontinued years ago.

All the Free functions in the Viewer are the same in the Editor. IE, you can open, view, apply most comments, such as highlights, fill form fields, and sign a document (among countless others) for free, and without a license. Anything related to document creation or assembly, which merging, or creating a new document, adding or modifying existing form fields, etc. all count as, are premium features and do require a license to be used without applying Demo stamps, in either the Editor or the Viewer.

You can by all means use every aspect of the Editor for free without ever purchasing a license, however Demo stamps will be applied if premium features are used.

To address your original question, about the Organize > merge function and its use:
PDFXEdit_iA6aBy2ZnM.png
This function is specifically for merging existing pages together within the current document, and will not add pages form other documents in as it does so. You can either use the "new document > combine" option that Will mentioned, or use the Insert > pages... function, also on the organize tab:
PDFXEdit_FdTB1HjvE2.png
Within this dialog, you are able to choose a target document and add its pages to a specific location in the current document.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
noam.b
User

Post by noam.b »

Hello Daniel,

I do appreciate your comprehensive explanations on my Merge files issue.
After a long web search after an appropriate answer, eventually, I received it from you.

I am grateful for your willingness to solve that issue.

Thank you,
Noam
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com