Tabbed document bar options

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Tabbed document bar options

Post by lidds »

I want to stop the popup menu and the close document (X) from being displayed, is this possible?
2019-08-30_00-42-29.png
I have tried the following, but this does not remove the Close Document (X)

Code: Select all

layout = Me.docPreview.Inst.MainFrm(PDFControlNum).View.DocViewsArea.Panes.Layout
            For Each docLayout As PDFXEdit.IUIX_LayoutItem In layout.Root
                docLayout.SetStyle(False, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_AddNewTabBtn))
                docLayout.SetStyle(True, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_HideCloseTabsBtn))
                docLayout.SetStyle(True, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_NoFloat))
                docLayout.SetStyle(True, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_HideOneTab))
                docLayout.SetStyle(True, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_NoDock))
                docLayout.SetStyle(True, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_TabsNoReorder))
                docLayout.SetStyle(False, CInt(PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutItemStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutItemStyle_CloseActiveTabBtn))
            Next
Thanks

Simon
lidds
User

Re: Tabbed document bar options

Post by lidds »

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

You have already asked the same question:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=29758&p=117857&hil ... tn#p117900

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Sorry Alex, I should have been clearer. This did work until I upgraded to PDF Xchange Editor SDK 8.0.332, now it does not seem to remove the close document "X" on the far right of the tab control.

Thanks

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

Recreated this behavior and forwarded it to the appropriate developer for investigation.
As for your question, I believe you have already asked this:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=29757&p=117658&hil ... nu#p117658

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Simon.

We reproduced it and will fix in the next build.

Currently, since 332 build, to remove the CloseActiveTab btn permanently, you may use other simple method:

Code: Select all

pdfCtl.Frame.View.DocViewsArea.Panes.Layout.Obj.SetStyle(
(Int64)PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutStyle_HideCloseActiveTabBtn,
(Int64)PDFXEdit.UIX_LayoutStyleFlags.UIX_LayoutStyle_HideCloseActiveTabBtn);
HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.