signature or acronym

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jürgen somorjai
User

signature or acronym

Post by jürgen somorjai »

Hello,
I want to put a sign or a signature (an acronym) behind a text so that the text is not hidden.
I created a stamp with this acronym, but the stamp hides the text!
I wanted to insert it as a graphic, but even here I can't put it behind the text.
How do I reach it? Who can help?
In the attachment I sent a file as an example.
Greeting cator
Attachments
JS-Zeichen_Beispiel.pdf
example
(249.34 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: signature or acronym

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the post - Annotations always sit on top of document content. You would need to right click and flatten the object, then you can use the Edit tool to right click and 'arrange' the content so that it sits behind the text.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
jürgen somorjai
User

Hello,
Thank you for the explanation. Unfortunately, I cannot understand it.

What means annotations in my example? And what means "flatten"?
I have perhaps expressed myself somewhat misleadingly. My procedure is as follows:
I have a graphic or a photo. I would like to put this behind the text in one place, but in such a way that the text always remains visible. How do I do that?
I tried it by making a "stamp" out of the graphic (see attachment), but it doesn't work! I tried then the right click and tried to click on "in the background" (see attachment), but it doesn't work. Why not? Where is my mistake?
I hope the attachment is correct now.

:(
JS-Zeichen_Beispiel.7z
(124.1 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
And two more questions:
When or on what occasions do I use the command "ORDER" -> "FORWARD - BACKWARD" and what is the difference between "FORWARD - BACKWARD" and "IN THE FORFRONT/ IN THE BACKGROUND"?
I cannot find any examples or hints in the operating instructions.
Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Greetings cator
lev
User

Post by lev »

jürgen ,

Firstly I believe that you'll be better served using either Watermark or Background commands, rather than stamping your pages. Secondly, the Order commands work on base content, while a stamp is an annotation. To make a stamp a part of base content you have to flatten it (right-click on it and choose Flatten Selected Comments from the context menu).

Hope this helps.

Lev
Attachments
image.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Jurgen,

Did Lev's explanation help or are you still seeing further assistance with this matter?

I wanted to mention that another option if you are looking to stamp a document without completely hiding what is behind it (including signature stamps) is to use opacity, thus making the stamp transparent so what is behind it can shine through:
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jürgen somorjai
User

Hello lev, thanks for the information.
The idea with the watermark is not good, because then I have to determine the location of each document anew. This is very uncomfortable. I don't understand the other possibility "Background commands". What are these? How do I do them? :?

But the other possibility (make a stamp a part of base content) seems to come closer to my goal.
I haven't had much time to try it out in the last few weeks, but I'll check it out again soon.

Hello, Daniel,
I had tried your suggestion before, but your suggestion (Opacity) unfortunately has the disadvantage that the font in the foreground around my stamp becomes transparent. This is not good.
But I think I can get on with Lev's idea. I will test it in the next weeks on occasion.
Thanks for all the ideas.
cator
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Cator,

Thanks for the follow up!
Please do let us know how it goes with you testing Lev's suggestions!

Regards,
Stefan