I need to optimize large PDF Files, i.e. use "Save as optimized PDF".
By large I mean both in size and number of pages. Sample PDF documents can be found here
- PDF File "Release 1672": 118 MB, 996 pages, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x76ph ... a7N3RntKnS
- PDF File "Release 1674": 170 MB, 1178 pages, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AplHm ... xU-FvwIPMe
The PDF files are produced by a Java Swing application. They contain many complex transparent objects which can be optimized.
PDF-Xchange Pro is able to optimize these files and compress them by about a factor 10:1 However it takes hours (!) to complete
Results, when the document contain
- 100 pages only: Duration 2 mins
- 150 pages only: Duration 5 mins
- 250 pages only: Duration 20 mins
- full ca. 1000 pages: ca 6 hours
PDF-XChange Editor Version: Version 8 Build 331.0
Hardware: LENOVO_MT_20HG_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad T470s, i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHz, Physical Memory (RAM): 20.0 GB
Optimizer Settings, see Attachment. Note, especially the last setting "Find and remove content outside of the Crop Box" is very important and only this setting leads to small PDFs
Many thanks for your help