Half page content missing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

plamen9227
User

Half page content missing

Post by plamen9227 »

Dear Support Team,

I have experienced the following problem(s) with the PDF-XChange Editor:

I am using Autocad Plant 3D 2019 to export isometrics into pdf files. When I am doing a pdf document with these pdf pages, there is a strange problem occurs. Everything seems to be fine and the document is well saved. Аfter a certain time I have opened the same document, some of the pages have only half of the content. The other half page is blank. I have tried everything to recover the information but nothing works. I had this problem several times. Please find attached pictures of corrupted files.

Thank you!
Attachments
Untitled.png
Screenshot_1.png
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Half page content missing

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi plamen9227,

Thanks for the post - This is a very unusual issue. Are you able to upload the file here, or send it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic for reference?

We'll also need step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue (or as near as you can manage).

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
plamen9227
User

Post by plamen9227 »

Dear Will,

I have sent an e-mail to support@pdf-xchange.com with a corrupted file and explanations.
Please check your junk folder.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Plamen Nikolov
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Plamen,

Thanks - Just got the email. I can see the damage, but can't really see why this would be and we've had no other reports, suggesting that there is something different about this document and, possibly, the way that we handle.

Is there any chance we can get the original PDF document and/or the CAD file?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
plamen9227
User

Post by plamen9227 »

Hi Will,

There is another broken file.
I found that the problem occurs when I am moving objects among the PDF file.
When I open PDF file created via plotting from Autocad Plant 3D all the content, even text seems to be like shapes.
For example, if there is missing some word I am copying and pasting a missed word on another page.
After editing was made and the file has been saved.
In the document below you can see page 23. There is a missing pipe in the center. This pipe has been copied from another page.
Maybe the Path to this object is broken.
You can find the file below.
Attachments
Desktop.7z
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Plamen9227,

The content type is caused by the creation method, in most cases CAD application expect that a documents intent is to be printed, even when using their dedicated conversion process, like PDFplot. This in turn uses Shape objects to maintain as much semblance of sameness possible. As using font information can be problematic if the font is not present on a machine, or the font is embedded then removed. In cases where you are using a virtual printer like out standard printer, CAD itself sends data to the printer in its decided format, some applications will properly send font data, in which case the printer may embed it to the document, and in these cases, the text will be editable, but still in many cases, CAD application choose to send shape information instead of font data, causing even our printers to deliver the same content type.

As for the issue with content is disappearing, this could be an installation issue. Could I ask you to first try completely uninstalling the application, restart your pc, and then install using the latest installer directly from our website, to ensure that you do not have a corrupted or altered installer which may cause these issues: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads
After reinstalling, please try converting the file to PDF once again, and verify that no content is missing after working with it for a while.

If that does not work, please email us your license key via email so that we can ensure it is valid for the latest versions, and we will proceed from there.
(DO NOT post your license key on the public forums or we may be forced to block it from use)

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com