Empty Folders in AppData\Local\Temp\PDFXEdit.SDK are not deleted

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
AteBe
User

Empty Folders in AppData\Local\Temp\PDFXEdit.SDK are not deleted

Post by AteBe »

Hallo,
every time we open a new pdf by using the API in AppData\Local\Temp\PDFXEdit.SDK a new PDFXEdit.SDK-folder is created.
They all start with pdfx- and contain 3 files (2 -tmp with size 512kb and 256 kb and one called pdfx.lck with size 0 kb).
Created Folders.png
Created Files in Folder.png
Created Files in Folder.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
The folders and files keep existing during runtime even when we explicitly closed the opened document via API.

When shutting down the application (and therefore PDFXChangeEditor), the files within the directories are deleted, but the directories themselves keep existing.

The same problem was described in the entry viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30164&p=119380&hil ... er#p119380 unfortunately without a solution.

So what do I have to do, so that these temporary folders are deleted/released after closing a document, showing a new document or at least after closing the application.

AteBe
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Empty Folders in AppData\Local\Temp\PDFXEdit.SDK are not deleted

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello AteBe,

These folders will be deleted after the next SDK launch. There can be a situation where we try to delete these folders but someone still holds them thus we cannot remove them when closing for sure. But we clean them up when the SDK is being launched - thus there won't be any overhead. As the Java holds the objects, like we are talking in the other thread, the temp files can still be in use and Windows won't remove the folder itself on close.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
AteBe
User

Post by AteBe »

Hello Alex,

after stopping our application, Java will also be shut down and all files will be released.
The evidence for this is that I can use the Explorer to delete the remaining empty folders.

According to your statement, these folders should be deleted when I restart the SDK.
This is not the case. Although the folders are no longer locked, they are not deleted.

Is there a function or a setting that I have to call or set additionally, so that the folders are deleted?

AteB
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello AteBe,

I have investigated this deeper - it seems that when you exit the program by breaking the debug the folders are not being removed. Also, the SDK does not delete folders in the Temp folder and it should have done that - that's the problem on our side.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
AnKeilha
User

Post by AnKeilha »

Is there a ticket (i.e. RT#) for this?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello AteBe,

Removal of this folder is not that simple, because simultaneous controls can be launched in the system and they can even be a part of the different applications (one PC can have multiple products that use our AX Control - we had such a situation). And all of them share the same temporary folder - thus we can't simply remove that folder as someone else might be using it.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: