Batch stamp with Dynamic Stamps

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

stheo
User

Batch stamp with Dynamic Stamps

Post by stheo »

Hello, I'm writing in hopes of solving a workflow hurdle we have. We want to use Autodesk BIM360 to manage our construction drawings and aproval process. The approval process is rather good in B360 but thre is one major flaw - we cannot add stamps to pdf drawings and this is a cruicial step for us here in Germany. I have a Workaround in mind that would use PDF Xchange to batch stamp all pdf documents with dynamic stamps and we would then submit the fully approved documents. So the short of it is:

Is there a way to batch stamp (using dynamic stamps with a date) many pdf documents in a pre-set area (corner of pdf for example) in one go?

I greatly appreciate any help you'd provide! Many thanks in advance!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Batch stamp with Dynamic Stamps

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello stheo,

Unfortunately there is no function to accomplish this in the Editor or our PDF-Tools suite currently. We are looking at implementing a targeted annotation placement function, but that is still an ongoing discussion so I cannot make any promises that it will be implemented at this time.

If you have the programming knowledge to do so, you may be able to accomplish this using Javascript through the Editor, however I would not be able to provide much assistance on that front.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lev
User

Post by lev »

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Much appreciated Lev :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
stheo
User

Post by stheo »

Thank you for the suggestion, Lev,
unfortunately we can't copy the stamps or watermarks between pages, because plans are single page documents. While merging them into single documents might seem like an option, sadly there are a couple of issues:
-They are huge documents and merging takes surprisingly long,
-The file names are set according to contractually set rules, and re-saving the files afterwards would mean re-naming them again and that is prohibitively time consuming
-We are Looking for the most simple process possible, since some of our users are, what one might call, "technologically challenged".

Nevertherless I must look into what Javascript might provide, so many thanks again!
lev
User

Post by lev »

stheo,

If watermarks are an acceptable solution, you may want to look at the PDF-Tools. Your concerns should be addressed by features included in the software.

Lev
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Once again, thanks Lev!

stheo - Lev is correct here. PDF-Tools is our batch manipulation and conversion utility that comes as a standalone license (that includes the Editor and the Lite printer), or as part of the fully PDF-XChange Pro:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-tools

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
stheo
User

Post by stheo »

Hello again, everybody.
Many thanks for all the suggestions, but sadly I see that the watermarks won't works because there seems to be no way to use a custom pdf for the watermark with dynamic Dates. We are required to use special approval stamps, so the whole thing is just a mess.
lev
User

Post by lev »

We can look into it a bit more if you post the stamp you have to use. It may be possible to place 2 watermarks, one will come from a file and will have all the required info but the date, and the other one will be a date watermark. You will have to figure out the exact location for both. This is of course predicated on not having any issues with watermarking your document.
stheo
User

Post by stheo »

Thank you Lev!
So here is the contractually mandated stamp we must use :roll: Format, Frame and all. On those dotted lines signatures and Dates should be placed.
Attachments
stamp clean.zip
(92.25 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
lev
User

Post by lev »

stheo,

You can apply 2 watermarks. The first one will contain your stamp saved in a file. The second one will be a text type watermark with the text set to a macro with an appropriate date format. This implies that the stamp position is the same throughout the PDFs. You'll have to tweak the sizes, locations, etc., but I do not see a problem with this. PDF-Tools can automate the process, so that you can batch your PDFs. Let me know if this makes sense.

Lev
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi guys,

A simpler solution would likely be to place one of these stamps at the exact location needed on a sample (or working) document, then grab the coordinates of that stamp via JavaScript and use those coordinates in the script to batch stamp the other documents. All of the necessary documentation for the JavaScript API can be found here:
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/ ... erence.pdf

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)