Tab feature removed to move between form fields

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
prime clinical systems
User

Tab feature removed to move between form fields

Post by prime clinical systems »

Hi, getting lots of complaints because of the removal of the tab feature to move between form fields, and checked the change log and it does indeed mention this change, but seems to me instead of just removing it, why not give a user option if they want to use tab key to move between fields, and I don't see anything besides mouse click to move next field, well when there are 30 fields on a page, this is an essential feature. Why the fields pane on the left has a tab order function, if you can no longer tab to next field. Please bring the feature back. I searched this help forum and don't see one request to remove the tab function, so not sure why it was decided to do that. Please suggest a work around with code sample to do this.

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Tab feature removed to move between form fields

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Prime Clinical Systems,

Might I ask where you read this in the change logs, and for an example of what you see when attempting to use tab navigation? I can confirm that none of our products have removed this feature (nor would we ever do so) as we know it is critical to a very large amount of people.

I have just tested here locally, and the Tab function seems to be working perfectly fine in every version of the PDF-XChange Editor I have available.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
prime clinical systems
User

Sorry, I meant Text annotation fields... I had not tried the form fields, but this is from the change log "Fixed an issue with inserting a 'tab' key in text-annotations - now it inserts the 'tab' code to the text instead of switching focus to the next/prev annotation". that was from the 327 release of V7. Just can't figure why one would need a tab code in a text box, but anyway.

thanks
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello prime clinical systems,

It seems that this is a bug. We'll notify the appropriate developer about this and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
prime clinical systems
User

Hi will this be addressed soon? Thanks
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello prime clinical systems,

I've notified that developer about this one - he'll take a look when he has time.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
prime clinical systems
User

Hi, please check again to see when this bug will be fixed, thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

It appears that this is resolved in the end user test build for 332 which I am using currently. It should be resolved for the SDK as well when the next release is available.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com